Below you will see a copy of a letter and the envelope I recently received in the mail. At first glance, I saw it was from “Aviva” which is a known insurance company located in the Des Moines area, however quickly I saw the letter was coming from Canada. This is one of many red flags.
I have highlighted several of the other red flags I saw throughout the letter:
- The word confidential used several times
- Grammatical errors (capitalizing numeric)
- Saying I “match” a person’s details
- Asking for part of the funds
- 100% Risk Free
- Gmail account as a contact
- Bogus website
- Address does not match the envelope
Always be cautious! If you receive something like this, please report it to one of the four options we have included.